"The more you love me, the more I will ruin you. I will take my darkness and I will push it inside you."
—David Levithan (via psych-facts)
Happy Birthday, Keri Hulme, born 9 March 1947
- You want to know about anybody? See what books they read, and how they’ve been read…
- The smarter you are, the more you know, the less reason you have to trust or love or confide.
- A family can be the bane of one’s existence. A family can also be most of the meaning of one’s existence. I don’t know whether my family is bane or meaning, but they have surely gone away and left a large hole in my heart.
- The childhood years are the best years of your life… Whoever coined that was an unmitigated fuckwit, a bullshit artist supreme. Life gets better the older you grow, until you grow too old of course.
- Writing isn’t my life…it’s a lovely part of my life… but it’s not my life. My life is family, friends, fishing, food…things like reading and painting and all the rest of it, and you can’t really prioritize when you’re involved with family or you’re involved in fishing, you can’t say, ‘Oh, I really should be writing.”
Hulme is a New Zealand writer. Her only novel, The Bone People, won the Booker Prize in 1985.
Source for Image
Just because I weigh more than 100 pounds or have a BMI over underweight, it doesn’t make my eating disorder any less real.
She is the definition of punk.
Crystal Castles at Glastonbury festival 2013.
Alice had food poisoning and still performed. That’s a true musician right there ladies and gents!
I loved her in this dress. <3